Westside Relinquishes Interests in 2 Permits in Queensland's Galilee Basin
WestSide Corporation Ltd announced Tuesday that it has notified the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines that it will relinquish its interests in ATP 974P and ATP 978P in Queensland’s Galilee Basin in Australia to focus on development of its producing Meridian SeamGas gas field.
“WestSide has a unique opportunity to benefit from demand growth within the changing East coast gas market through the expansion of the Meridian SeamGas gas field at Moura, west of Gladstone,” said WestSide’s Managing Director Mike Hughes.
“Further investment in the exploration of these challenging non-core Galilee Basin tenements is unlikely to deliver any immediate value to the Company and would divert capital and resources away from our primary assets,” he said.
A process to sell or farm-out the tenement interests failed to identify any other alternative to relinquishment.
Importantly, the relinquishment will have no material impact on the results for the year ended June 30 as the carrying value of the tenements was written-off in the previous financial year.
Hughes said WestSide remained committed to ongoing exploration within the Company’s Bowen Basin exploration tenements ATP 688P and ATP 769P.
About WestSide Corporation Ltd
WestSide Corporation Limited is an ASX-listed company with gas production and significant uncontracted gas reserves and exploration interests in Queensland.
WestSide operates the Meridian SeamGas CSG fields west of Gladstone in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. The Meridian gas fields comprise a range of CSG assets including a petroleum lease, gas rights in mining leases and gas compression and pipeline infrastructure connected to Queensland’s commercial gas network. WestSide holds a 51 percent interest in the fields with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holding the remaining 49 percent.
Elsewhere in the Bowen Basin, WestSide is currently operating an exploration and appraisal program at the ATP 769P (Paranui) and ATP 688P (Tilbrook and Mount Saint Martin) sites. WestSide holds a 25.5 percent interest in the tenements with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd (24.5 percent) and QGC (50 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- AEP to Proceed with Proportional Bid for Australia's Armour Energy (Nov 02)
- Australia's Armour Energy Assesses Revised Takeover Offer from WestSide (Oct 09)
- Australia's Armour Energy Rejects WestSide's Takeover Offer (Oct 07)