Fugro Secures Survey Contract for Ichthys LNG Project Near Darwin
Fugro Spatial Solutions Pty Ltd, based in Australia, reported Friday that it has been awarded a dimensional control survey subcontract by JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd, as part of the construction of the Ichthys Project onshore LNG Facilities, near Darwin, Australia.
This contract will run until the end of 2015, with Fugro's specialist surveyors supplying high precision survey services to the project team for the installation and hook-up of the LNG (liquefied natural gas) plant modules by accurately measuring the interface points.
Modern Dimensional Control combines 3-dimensional mathematical modelling with surveyed measurements providing the ability to analyze or compare objects. Originating in the offshore industry, it is now used by our surveyors in the engineering, manufacturing, mining, marine, aeronautical and automotive industries.
Fugro Spatial Solutions' Managing Director Bill Jones comments that ''the contract award acknowledges Fugro's knowledge and experience gained from previous dimensional control surveys associated with onshore LNG facilities. Fugro's strength as an established provider of Dimensional Control surveys to the oil and gas market, along with our ability to service clients globally through an experienced and mobile workforce gave Fugro an advantage to secure this contract.''
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)