Russia, Gazprom Should Take Care of Crimea's Oil, Gas Production
MOSCOW, March 13 (Reuters) – Russian companies such as Gazprom should be involved in Crimea's oil and gas production, the speaker of Crimea's Moscow-backed parliament told Russia's RIA news agency on Thursday.
Vladimir Konstantinov also said the Ukrainian region, which wants to join Russia, was guarding oilfields and rigs.
"Russia, and Gazprom, should take care of the oil and gas production. It's not our issue," Konstantinov said.
He added: "These are our oilfields and we will fight for them."
On Wednesday, Crimea's first deputy prime minister said the region would take ownership of Ukrainian state companies on its territory, including the region's Black Sea natural gas fields.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds