Lundin Finds Minor Gas Shows at Boni-1 Side-Track Well in Natuna Sea
Nido Petroleum Limited (Nido or the Company) reported Wednesday that drilling at Boni-1 side-track well location within the Baronang Production Sharing Contract (PSC), Natuna Sea, Republic of Indonesia, reached Total Depth at 8,340 feet (2,542 meters) Measured Depth (MD) in the Lower Gabus Formation as per the drilling program.
Preliminary analysis of the LWD (logging while drilling) data indicates the objective Lower Gabus Formation sandstone in the Boni-1 stratigraphic trap are water bearing. Minor gas shows (C1 to C2) were encountered whilst drilling through Lower Gabus Formation sandstones which were well developed and of good reservoir quality.
The Boni-1 side-track will be permanently plugged and abandoned in conjunction with Balqis-1.
Nido Petroleum Limited’s Managing Director, Phil Byrne, commented, “Although Boni-1 was testing a higher risk stratigraphic trap the result in conjunction with Balqis-1 well is a disappointing outcome. There are clearly good quality sandstone reservoirs developed in the Upper and Lower Gabus Formations in this part of the Baronang PSC. However, it is too early to determine why the wells failed to encounter hydrocarbons in these reservoirs. Over the next few months we will be working closely with the Operator Lundin Baronang B.V. to understand the implications of the well results on this part of the PSC”.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)