Otto Marine Exercises Option to Acquire GO Emerald Vessel from Sinwa
Sinwa Limited, a Singapore-based marine supply and logistics firm servicing the marine and offshore industry, reported Monday that its wholly-owned unit Sinwa Emerald Pte. Ltd., has entered into a Memorandum of Agreement and a Settlement Agreement with GO Offshore Pty Ltd. and its wholly-owned subsidiary GO Emerald Pte Ltd. March 10 for the sale of the vessel known as GO Emerald for $5.5 million (SGD 6.96 million).
Under an Oct. 1, 2009 charter contract signed between Sinwa Emerald and GO Offshore, the latter has an option to acquire the GO Emerald vessel at any time during the bareboat charter. GO Offshore has now declared its desire to purchase the vessel and delivery is scheduled for March 19.
"The Directors [of Sinwa Limited] are of the view that the Proposed Disposal is ... in line with the Group’s strategy to divest its vessels and to expand its core business in marine, offshore supplies and logistics," the company said in a press release.
GO Offshore is a subsidiary of Otto Marine Limited, a Singapore-listed offshore marine company.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Otto Marine Exercises Option to Acquire GO Emerald Vessel from Sinwa (Mar 11)
- KS Energy-Sinwa JV Incorporated in Singapore (Dec 28)
Company: Otto Marine Limited more info
- Singapore's Offshore Marine Firm Otto Marine Gets Delisting Offer (Jun 09)
- Otto Marine Clinches $68.5M Charter Contract for OSV to Work Off Australia (Mar 02)
- Otto Marine's Unit to be Preferred O&M Service Provider for Port Operator (Jan 22)