Petrobras Touts Record Production at GOM Cascade, Chinook Fields
Petrobras announced that, on March 4, production at Cascade and Chinook fields hit 40,000 barrels per day. This figure represents a new production record for the fields, which produce through three wells in Cascade and two wells in Chinook. This achievement is due to the start-up of two new wells, Chinook-5 and Cascade-6, which added 28,000 barrels per day to the previous production of 12,000 barrels per day.
Cascade and Chinook fields are located 162 miles (260 kilometers) south of the coast of Louisiana and 15 miles (24 kilometers) apart, at a water depth of 8,202 feet (2,500 meters). The wells have an average depth of 26,247 feet (8,000 meters) and produce to the BW Pioneer vessel, the first FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading) approved to operate in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The oil is transferred from the FPSO to shuttle tankers and delivered to refineries and terminals along the North American coast.
Petrobras America, Inc. is the operator in both fields, and owns 100 percent of the stakes in the Cascade field and 66.7 percent in the Chinook field, in partnership with Total E&P USA, Inc, which holds the remaining 33.3 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)