'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award
A Norwegian "Oil Facts" app for the Apple iPhone and iPad devices has been selected as the Best Useful App in Norway's annual Farmand Awards.
The Oil Facts app was launched at Stavanger's ONS oil show last August, after being developed by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate and the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. It provides statistics and other data about the Norwegian oil and gas industry that would otherwise be time consuming to access.
The Farmand Awards jury noted that the app targets people who already have significant knowledge about the Norwegian oil industry but that "we quickly discovered that it should also be very useful for teachers, students of all ages and other interested parties, whether they are looking for fast or comprehensive factual information".
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate said that it is planning to launch new versions of the Oil Facts app for Android and Windows-enabled devices in April.
To read about more free apps, take a look at Rigzone's recent article Ten Free Smart Device Apps for Oilfield Workers.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum & Energy more info
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)