Technip Wins Subsea Deal for Jangkrik Project in the Muara Bakau PSC
Technip announced Thursday that it has been awarded a major subsea contract, valued at $686.2 to $1,372.4 million (€500 to €1,000 million), by Eni Muara Bakau B.V. (Eni) the Operator of the Muara Bakau PSC (Production Sharing Contract), for the Jangkrik project located in the Muara Bakau PSC working area, approximately 43.4 miles (70 kilometers) off the coast of Makassar Strait, Indonesia, at water depth ranging from 656 to 1,410 feet (200 to 430 meters).
The contract covers the engineering, procurement, commissioning and installation of:
- 22.3 miles (36 kilometers) of flexible risers and flowlines with diameters ranging from 4 inch to 14 inch
- 121.1 miles (195 kilometers) of pipeline with diameter ranging from 4 inch to 24 inch
- subsea equipment which includes mid-water arch and flowline end termination
Technip will also carry out the installation of 31.6 miles (51 kilometers) of umbilicals, five manifolds and seven SSIV (Subsea Isolation Valve) subsea structures and associated flying leads. Finally, the project also includes the engineering, procurement and construction of an onshore receiving facility including pig traps, metering systems and utilities.
The project is scheduled to be completed in the first quarter of 2017.
The flexible pipes will be manufactured at Technip’s Asiaflex Products plant in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia. Technip’s S-Lay and heavy-lift vessel, G1201 and its multipurpose installation and construction vessel, the Deep Orient, will be used for the installation.
Lim Kwee Keong, senior vice president of Technip in Asia Pacific stated: "We are delighted to support Eni in bringing the Jangkrik project onstream. This contract is an excellent example of Technip’s capability to propose competitive solutions for large and complex projects which combine onshore and subsea scopes. It confirms the relevance of our strategy of vertical integration to provide best-in-class solutions to our clients' projects.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)