Wood Group Wins New North Sea Contract from Chevron
Oilfield services firm Wood Group reported Wednesday that it has been awarded a one-year operations and maintenance contract extension from Chevron North Sea Limited.
The extension is a continuation of a contract Wood Group was first awarded in 2009 and the second award that the firm has received from Chevron North Sea during the past six months.
The firm said that, under the deal, services will be provided to the Captain and Alba fields, including the Captain FPSO (floating production, storage and offloading) vessel, the Captain wellhead production platform and the Alba North platform. In November, Wood Group received a one-year extension to provide engineering and construction services to the same fields.
Wood Group UK Managing Director Dave Stewart commented in a statement:
"We have a long-term relationship with Chevron which dates back to 1993, when we were first awarded the topsides support services contract for the production facilities in the Alba, Captain and Erskine fields. Receiving this extension, on the back of an extension to our engineering and construction services contract, gives us a great platform to maintain our long term relationship with such an important international client."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)