Drilling Continues at Etty-1 Well in ATP 855 in Cooper-Eromanga Basin
Icon Energy Limited revealed Wednesday that the Etty-1 well in ATP 855 in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin in Queensland, Australia has reached a depth of 8,743 feet (2,665 meters) in the Nappamerri Group. Intermediate 9.625 inch casing is being run in the hole to a prognosed depth of 8,727 feet (2,660 meters) and the rig will then prepare to drill ahead in 8.5 hole.
Etty-1 is specifically targeting the shale and basin-centred gas potential of the Permian Formations from the top Toolachee to top Patchawarra and is programmed to reach a total depth of 12,467 feet (3,800 meters). The well will be cased and suspended for fracture stimulation and production testing to assess the deliverability potential of the unconventional gas play.
Joint Venture Interests in ATP 855
- Icon Energy Limited: 35.1 percent
- Beach Energy Limited: 46.9 percent (Operator)
- Chevron Australia Exploration 1 Pty Ltd: 18 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)