UMW Petrodril to Supply Hydraulic Workover Unit Rig to Petronas Carigali
UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad (UMWOG) reported Tuesday that UMW Petrodril (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (UPD) a wholly owned unit of UMW Malaysian Ventures Sdn Bhd has won a contract to supply a Hydraulic Workover Unit (HWU) Rig to Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, the firm said in an announcement on Bursa Malaysia.
The contract, valued at $45.2 million (MYR 148 million), also includes the provision of an Accommodation Work Barge and a Portable Crane for an initial period of two years.
The contract with UPD, in which Petronas Carigali has the option of extending for a further year, is intended to support the Malaysian upstream company's Workover Programme.
UMW Malaysian Ventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of UMWOG.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad more info
- Malaysia's Most Battered Oil And Gas Stock Eyes Foreign Tie-Up (Jun 03)
- UMW O&G Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for UMW Naga 6 (Jun 01)
- Malaysia's UMW O&G Incurs a Loss Before Tax of $16.6M in 1Q 2016 (May 24)