First Oil Flows from Siakap North-Petai Develpment off East Malaysia
Murphy Oil Corporation announced Monday that first oil production from the Siakap North-Petai (SNP) development offshore Malaysia commenced Feb. 27.
The SNP field, operated by Murphy with a 32 percent working interest, is located offshore Malaysia in a water depth of approximately 4,400 feet. The overall field development plan consists of eight producing wells and five water injection wells developed as a subsea tie-back to the Kikeh Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. Initial operations commenced with production from four oil wells. Peak gross production from the field is expected to reach 35,000 barrels of oil per day in mid-2014. The unitized field combines the discoveries at Siakap North in Block K with Petai in the adjacent Block G. Murphy's partners in the development are Petronas Carigali, Shell, and ConocoPhillips with the latter two partners each holding a 21 percent working interest.
In the Gulf of Mexico, progress on the Murphy operated Dalmatian subsea development is moving forward to plan with the flowline for the first completion installed along with the control umbilical for the entire field. First production is scheduled late this month from the natural gas/condensate producer with the second well to follow later in the third quarter which is consistent with the Company's production guidance stated at the last earnings call.
Roger Jenkins, president and CEO, commented, "We are pleased to achieve first oil at the Siakap North-Petai development. This field, along with our other oil developments offshore Malaysia and Dalmatian in the Gulf of Mexico, are all key components of our 2014 production growth profile."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)