First Oil Flows from Siakap North-Petai Develpment off East Malaysia
Murphy Oil Corporation announced Monday that first oil production from the Siakap North-Petai (SNP) development offshore Malaysia commenced Feb. 27.
The SNP field, operated by Murphy with a 32 percent working interest, is located offshore Malaysia in a water depth of approximately 4,400 feet. The overall field development plan consists of eight producing wells and five water injection wells developed as a subsea tie-back to the Kikeh Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. Initial operations commenced with production from four oil wells. Peak gross production from the field is expected to reach 35,000 barrels of oil per day in mid-2014. The unitized field combines the discoveries at Siakap North in Block K with Petai in the adjacent Block G. Murphy's partners in the development are Petronas Carigali, Shell, and ConocoPhillips with the latter two partners each holding a 21 percent working interest.
In the Gulf of Mexico, progress on the Murphy operated Dalmatian subsea development is moving forward to plan with the flowline for the first completion installed along with the control umbilical for the entire field. First production is scheduled late this month from the natural gas/condensate producer with the second well to follow later in the third quarter which is consistent with the Company's production guidance stated at the last earnings call.
Roger Jenkins, president and CEO, commented, "We are pleased to achieve first oil at the Siakap North-Petai development. This field, along with our other oil developments offshore Malaysia and Dalmatian in the Gulf of Mexico, are all key components of our 2014 production growth profile."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)