Subsea 7 Wins Hebron Field Contract Offshore Canada
UK-based oilfield services firm Subsea 7 announced Friday that it has been awarded a $75-million, three-year subsea construction services contract by ExxonMobil Canada Properties.
The deal will see Subsea 7 support the Hebron heavy oil field development, located in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin some 220 miles southeast of St. John's, Canada. The firm will provide project management and engineering to the project, as well as install two offshore loading systems in a water depth of 300 feet.
Subsea 7 said engineering and project management will start immediately from its offices in St John's.
Subsea 7 Canada Managing Director Stephen Henley commented in a company statement:
"This contract award further enhances our construction capability across offshore Canada, building on the successes of our subsea engineering and construction work for our clients in the region."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)