OMV Signs Two New Exploration Licences in Pakistan
VIENNA, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Austria's OMV and its joint venture partner Pakistan Petroleum Limited have signed two new exploration licences in Pakistan, OMV said on Friday.
The Kuhan block in Baluchistan province will be operated by OMV, and the Margand Block, also in Baluchistan, will be operated by PPL, it said. Both companies have a working interest of 50 percent in each block.
OMV said the joint venture would start exploration in the second half of this year, consisting of seismic data acquisition and drilling of exploration wells.
(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan, editing by William Hardy)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
- Austria's OMV to Invest in UAE Offshore Oilfields in $1.5B Deal with ADNOC (Apr 05)
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
Company: Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. more info
- OGDCL Successfully Completed Testing of 2 Wells in Pakistan's Nashpa Field (Aug 25)
- PPL Begins Gas Plant Ops at Gambat South's Shahdadpur Field in Sindh (Aug 15)
- PPL Finds Hydrocarbons at Hadi X-1A Well in Pakistan's Gambat South Block (Jul 18)