Technip Bags EPSCC Contract from Total for MLJS Project in Brunei
France's Technip has been awarded a significant contract, worth from $68.5 to $137 million (€50 to €100 million), by Total E&P Borneo B.V., covering engineering, procurement, supply, construction and commissioning (EPSCC). This project aims at the modification of the onshore facilities as well as the construction of a new onshore pipeline, in order to transport Maharaja Lela & Jamalulalam South (MLJS) gas to the Brunei Liquefied Natural Gas (BLNG) plant.
The onshore modification work includes:
- de-bottlenecking of the processing plant to enable handling up to 176.55 million cubic feet per day, or 5 million cubic meters per day, (annual average) from the greater MLJ field
- associated assistance in start-up and performance test
Technip’s operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will execute the contract with support from the office of the Group based in Brunei. The project is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2015.
Lim Kwee Keong, senior vice president of Technip in Asia Pacific, stated: “Following the front-end engineering design that we have completed in 2012, Technip was keen on undertaking the EPSCC contract. Vital for the brownfield tie-in of the MLJS project, our familiarity with the onshore facilities has made the difference and gave us leverage in this much sought-after development.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)