Odfjell Wins 4-Year Extension BP Drilling Contract
Norway's Odfjell Drilling reported Tuesday that it has won a four-year extension to a platform drilling contract it has with BP.
Odfjell said that BP has chosen to extend its present Platform Drilling Services contract in the UK for a further four years from December 2014 by adding two two-year options to the deal. The oilfield services firm said that the extension takes the renewal date of the contract to December 2018.
Odfjell added that the four-year extension has an estimated value of $165 million. The firm currently operates on BP's Andrew, Bruce, Clair and Magnus assets in the UK North Sea, with a new platform – Clair Ridge – due to be included in the portfolio in 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Norway's Odfjell Drilling to Expand Fleet as Rig Market Recovers (Apr 20)
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)