Talisman Sinopec Deal Secures 550 Jobs at Wood Group
Energy services firm Wood Group announced Tuesday its first major UK contract of 2014, revealing that it had won a five-year engineering and modifications services deal with Talisman Sinopec Energy UK. The deal secures approximately 550 onshore and offshore jobs at Wood Group in the UK.
The deal means Wood Group will provide services to Talisman Sinopec's 11 North Sea assets: the Arbroath, Auk, Bleo Holm, Buchan, Claymore, Clyde, Fulmar, Montrose, Piper B, Saltire and Tartan platforms. The deal will also see it provide services to the Talisman Sinopec's onshore Flotta oil terminal on Orkney.
Wood Group also has a contract in place with Talisman Sinopec to provide operations and maintenance services to the same 12 assets.
Wood Group UK Managing Director Dave Stewart commented in a company statement:
"We have worked with this key client for 10 years and this award is testament to the relationship we have developed. Our Talisman Sinopec Energy UK project now employs 1,300 personnel onshore and offshore making it one of the largest projects in our global portfolio. Securing this contract is a great way to kick off 2014."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Sinopec more info
- China's Sinopec Plans To Build Canadian Oil Refinery (Sep 14)
- Sinopec Says Some Refineries Would Be Hit By A Halt In Iran Crude Buying (Aug 27)
- South African Watchdog Approves Glencore's Bid For Chevron Assets (Aug 23)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)