Noble Completes 3D Seismic Survey Offshore Falkland Islands
Falkland Oil & Gas (FOGL) reported Monday that a 3D seismic survey has been completed over the Cretaceous Hersilia Fan complex within the firm's Northern Area licenses offshore the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.
FOGL said that the PGS M/V Ramform Titan vessel has acquired a total of 2,200 square miles of 3D seismic data. The survey was designed by license operator Noble Energy and PGS to target a number of prospects and leads, including Hersilia, West Hersilia and Challenger.
The data will now be processed by PGS and a fast track product will be available for interpretation in approximately three months, FOGL said. The firm added that it expects the final processed data will be available in the third quarter of 2014. The fast track data will be used to commence prospect mapping and the selection of well locations.
This latest survey was the third and final 3D survey prior to a drilling campaign planned by Noble and its partners for 2015. The joint venture has now acquired some 4,600 square miles of 3D seismic data and, FOGL said, is "very encouraged" by the results of the first two surveys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Falkland Oil & Gas more info
- Falkland Explorers Confirm Oil Discovery with Isobel Re-Drill (Jan 11)
- Premier Spuds Isobel-2 Well in North Falkland Basin (Nov 23)
- Sound Oil Makes Board Changes (Sep 28)