JV Agrees to Pre-FEED Study at Salawati Kepala Burung PSC in West Papua
RH Petrogas Limited (RHP or the Group), an oil and gas exploration, development and production firm, disclosed Thursday that the Group has successfully completed testing of the Koi-2 appraisal well in Salawati Kepala Burung Production Sharing Contract (PSC), West Papua, Indonesia.
The Koi-2 well is located in shallow water depth of 105 feet (32 meters) within the Salawati Kepala Burung PSC (Island PSC). The Group conducted log analysis and three drill stem tests after the well reached its total vertical depth of 4,685 feet (1,428 meters) December 30, 2013. Post drill evaluation confirms that the Koi structure holds estimated recoverable resources of 4 million barrels of oil net to the Group.
The joint venture partners of Island PSC have agreed to conduct a Preliminary Front End Engineering Design (pre-FEED) study to evaluate the development design and concept for the field. In addition, preparatory works will soon commence on the Plan of Field Development for submission to the authorities, which will incorporate the results of the pre-FEED study.
Francis Chang, CEO of RH Petrogas said, “We are extremely excited about the successful appraisal of the Koi-2 well. This opens up several analogous opportunities in the offshore area of the Island PSC. We are delighted to begin the pre-FEED study and look forward to bringing the project into successful production.”
The Group has an aggregate 33.21 percent working interest in the Island PSC through its wholly owned subsidiaries Petrogas (Island) Ltd. and RHP Salawati Basin B.V. Its partners, PT Pertamina Hulu Energi Salawati (Pertamina), holds 50 percent participating interest of Island PSC and PetroChina International Kepala Burung Ltd. (PetroChina) holds the balance 16.79 percent.
The Island PSC is operated by JOB Pertamina-PetroChina Salawati, which is a joint operating body formed between Pertamina and PetroChina. The consortium, as contractor of Indonesian government operating under the supervision of SKK Migas (Satuan Kerja Khusus Minyak dan Gas), has actively explored and produced oil and gas in the working area.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Indonesia Confirms Pertamina CEO As State Firm Pressed To Curb Imports (Aug 29)
- Pertamina Discontinues LNG Terminal Project, Seen As Unfeasible (Jul 09)
- Bangladesh Signs Deal With Indonesia For LNG Imports (Jan 29)
Company: PetroChina more info
- PetroChina and Qatargas Sign 22-Year LNG Supply Deal (Sep 10)
- China Watchdog Says PetroChina Pipeline Runs Through Nature Reserve (Sep 07)
- Petrochina Trying To Cut Impact Of Petchem Import Duties Amid Trade War (Aug 30)
Company: RH Petrogas Limited more info
- RH Petrogas Says 2P Reserves at Fuyu 1 PSC in China's Songliao Basin Up 28% (May 12)
- RH Petrogas' Unit Shelves Drilling at Fuyu 1 PSC in China's Jilin Province (Feb 29)
- RH Petrogas Replaces PetroChina as Operator of Basin PSC in Indonesia (Jan 05)