Brightoil Petroleum to Finance Anadarko Blocks Purchase through Cash, Loans
HONG KONG, Feb 20 (Reuters) – Brightoil Petroleum Holdings Ltd said on Thursday it plans to finance its acquisition of Anadarko Petroleum Corp's oil blocks in China's Bohai Bay through cash as well as loans from state-backed China Development Bank (CDB).
Chairman Sit Kwong Lam, speaking after Brightoil reported its earnings, said 30 percent would be financed through internal resources and the remainder with CDB loans.
The company announced earlier this week that it had agreed to buy Anadarko's stakes in two oil blocks in Bohai Bay for $1.08 billion in a major push into the upstream segment.
It has also said that it secured a $4 billion credit line from China Development Bank, the country's largest policy-oriented bank, to support its business and development and potential acquisitions.
Lam said on Thursday the company had only used $700 million of that amount.
(Reporting by Charlie Zhu; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree and Himani Sarkar)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Brightoil Petroleum (Holdings) Ltd. more info
- Brightoil to Bid for All Newfield's Shares in Bohai Bay, Pearl River Blocks (Nov 04)
- Brightoil Petroleum Buys Anadarko's China Unit For $1.05B (Aug 11)
- Brightoil Eyes Upstream as Long-term Growth Driver after Bohai Buy (Jul 16)