FMC Bags $720M Subsea Systems Contract for Jangkrik Project off Kalimantan
FMC Technologies, Inc., a technology solutions provider for the energy industry, bagged a $720 million contract from Eni S.p.A.'s subsidiary Eni Muara Bakau BV to provide subsea systems for the deepwater Jangkrik Complex development in the Muara Bakau Production Sharing Contract (PSC) located off East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
"The order has an estimated value of $720 million in revenue if the full scope of the award is called off," FMC Technologies said in a press releaseThursday.
Under the contract, the company will supply operator Eni with subsea trees, manifolds, jumpers and connection systems, umbilicals, tooling and associated topside and subsea controls systems.
The Jangkrik field is located in the Muara Bakau PSC in Makassar Straits off East Kalimantan approximately 44 miles (70 kilometers) from Balikpapan.
Earlier this week, Indonesia's upstream energy regulator SKK Migas appointed companies to develop the $4.1 billion Jangkrik and Jangkrik North East project, which is the country's first deepwater development.
A joint venture comprising Saipem S.p.A.'s unit PT Saipem Indonesia, PT Tripatra Engineers and Constructors, Chiyoda Co. Ltd.'s subsidiary PT Chiyoda International Indonesia and Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. will engineer, procure, construct and install a Floating Production Unit (FPU) at the site.
Separately, a consortium of PT Technip Indonesia-Technip Geoproduction (M) Sdn Bhd - both units of France's Technip - has been appointed to construct, procure and install onshore receiving facilities, pipelines and other supporting equipment.
PT FMC Santana Petroleum Equipment Indonesia has been selected for engineering and construction of subsea production systems, control systems and support equipment for the Jangkrik Complex project.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities more info
- Indonesian Banks Join Global Lenders to Provide Finance for Tangguh Project (Aug 05)
- Indonesia Rejects Exxon Proposal To Boost Cepu Block Output (Jun 14)
- Survey Shows Most Indonesian Upstream Firms Likely to Cut Workforce in 2016 (May 31)