Occidental Selling US Gas Assets For $1.4 Billion
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp on Thursday said it reached a deal to sell its interests in a large natural gas field in the central United States for a pre-tax price of $1.4 billion, with proceeds earmarked for share repurchases.
The buyer was not disclosed.
Occidental's interest comprises more than 1.4 million acres in the Hugoton field that spans southwestern Kansas and parts of Oklahoma and Colorado.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds