Tethys Oil Makes Discovery at B4EW6 Well in Oman
Tethys Oil AB, a Swedish energy company focused on exploration and production of oil and natural gas, reported Wednesday that the exploration well B4EW6 drilled on a previously undrilled structure onshore Oman has tested flows in excess of 2,200 barrels of oil per day (bopd) on a 32/64 inch choke from the Lower Buah formation. B4EW6 was drilled approximately 8 miles (13 kilometers) south of the B4EW4 discovery in Block 4. The new B4EW6 well constitutes the best flows encountered from the Lower Buah outside the B4EW4 area so far. The well is hooked up to the production system to undergo a long term production test.
“We are very happy that the Lower Buah has delivered again. B4EW6 looks similar to B4EW4. As data comes in, we will learn more, but we are hopeful it could prove as prolific as B4EW4,” comments Tethys Oil’s managing director Magnus Nordin.
Tethys Oil AB, through its wholly owned subsidiary Tethys Oil Block 3 and 4 Ltd, has a 30 percent interest in Blocks 3 and 4. Partners are Mitsui E&P Middle East B.V. with 20 percent and the operator CC Energy Development S.A.L. (Oman branch) holding the remaining 50 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Tethys Oil AB more info
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)