Eni Commences Seismic Survey at Muara Bakau Block off East Kalimantan
Indonesia's Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities (SKK Migas) reported Tuesday that Eni S.p.A.'s subsidiary Eni Muara Bakau LV, which is the operator of Muara Bakau block located off East Kalimantan, has commenced a 3D seismic survey in the Makassar Strait, Indonesia.
The seismic survey, which will be conducted from Jan. 30 to March 31, will cover water depths of 295 to 4,593 feet (90 to 1,400 meters).
The seismic activity will comply with the regulatory, including environmental, requirements in Indonesia, Yanin Kholison, Head of Public Relations Affairs of SKK Migas Representative Office for Kalimantan and Sulawesi Area, said in the press statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities more info
- Indonesian Banks Join Global Lenders to Provide Finance for Tangguh Project (Aug 05)
- Indonesia Rejects Exxon Proposal To Boost Cepu Block Output (Jun 14)
- Survey Shows Most Indonesian Upstream Firms Likely to Cut Workforce in 2016 (May 31)