Noble Bob Douglas Spuds Caravel-1 Well in NZ's Canterbury Basin
Origin Energy Limited (Origin), an Australia-based integrated energy company, announced Wednesday that drilling has commenced in at the Caravel-1 exploration well in petroleum exploration permit 38264 in the Canterbury Basin, off the south eastern coast of New Zealand.
Progress and Status
Origin advises that PEP 38264 operator, Anadarko Petroleum Company, on behalf of the joint venture, commenced drilling the Caravel-1 exploration well at 16:44 hours local time Feb. 10.
Well Type and Location
Caravel-1 is located in the Canterbury Basin offshore New Zealand. The Noble Bob Douglas (UDW drillship) is expected to take about 40 days for this drilling operation, which will reach an expected total depth of 9,186 feet (2,800 meters) subsea in a water depth of feet 3,265 feet (1,105 meters).
PEP 38264 Joint Venture
- Anadarko New Zealand Company (Operator): 45 percent
- Origin Energy Limited*: 45 percent
- Discover Exploration Canterbury NZ BV: 10 percent
* Through its wholly owned subsidiary Origin Energy Resources NZ Limited.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Anadarko Names Former EVP, CFO as New President (Nov 16)
- Anadarko to Sell Delaware and DJ Midstream Assets (Nov 08)
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)