Oil Search Updates on Drilling at its Assets in PNG, Kurdistan
Oil Search Limited reported Thursday that as at 06:00 hours Papua New Guinea (PNG) time Feb. 6, the Mananda 7 ST2 well in Petroleum Prospecting License (PPL) 219 in PNG was at a depth of 7,300 feet (2,225 meters) and preparing to set 9.625 inch casing. Drilling progress for the week was 2,030 feet (619 meters).
Mananda 7 ST2 is being drilled as a deviated hole, towards the crest of the Mananda 6 structure. The sidetrack will further define the structural form of the accumulation with the objective of targeting an optimal producer location.
Mananda 7 is located in PPL 219 and is targeting the Toro and Digimu sandstones.
The participants in Mananda 7 are:
- Oil Search (PNG) Limited - 71.25 percent
- Nippon Oil Exploration (Niugini) Limited - 20.00 percent
- Merlin Petroleum Company - 8.75 percent
- Total - 100 percent
Oil Search reported that at 06:00 hours Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) time Feb. 5, the Taza 2 well was at a depth of 4,432 feet (1,351 meters).
During the week, the 20 inch casing was set and preparations made to install the blow out preventer prior to drilling ahead in a 17.5 inch hole.
Taza 2 is located 6 miles (10 kilometers) north-west of Taza 1 and will appraise the hydrocarbon-bearing intervals discovered by Taza 1 (Dhiban/Jeribe and Euphrates/Kirkuk Formations), as well as explore deeper Tertiary and Cretaceous targets including the Shiranish Formation.
The participants in Taza 2 are:
- Oil Search (Iraq) Limited* - 60 percent
- Total E&P Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Taza) B.V. - 20 percent
- Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) - 20 percent
- Total - 100 percent
* Oil Search’s funding interest is 75 percent, with the KRG’s 20 percent interest carried by Oil Search and Total E&P Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Taza) B.V.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)