Beach Energy Notifies DNRM of Redland-1 Discovery in Cooper-Eromanga Basin
Icon Energy Limited, an-Australia-based oil and gas exploration company, reported Monday that, in accordance with section 544 of the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004, the Operator of ATP 855, Beach Energy Limited, has, on behalf of the Joint Venture, submitted a notice of a petroleum discovery at Redland-1 well in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin in Queensland, Australia to the Department for Natural Resources and Mines.
Redland-1, which reached a total depth of 12,480 feet (3,804 meters) Jan. 23, exhibited significant gas shows during drilling. An interpretation of the wireline log data indicates the target interval to be gas saturated, which is supported by mud gas readings of up to 800 units.
Redland-1 is currently being cased pending subsequent hydraulic stimulation and flow testing as part of a multi-well stimulation campaign beginning in the third quarter of 2014.
Joint Venture Interests in ATP 855
- Icon Energy Limited: 35.1 percent
- Beach Energy Limited: 46.9 percent (Operator)
- Chevron Australia Exploration 1 Pty Ltd: 18 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)