Kongsberg Wins Systems Contract for Petrofac Vessel
Norwegian offshore technology supplier Kongsberg reported Thursday that has won a deal to supply and integrate the new Petrofac JSD 6000 deepwater derrick lay vessel with electrical, telecoms and control systems. The contract has a value of more than $37 million (NOK 230 million).
The vessel will be built in China by Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industry (ZPMC) for Petrofac UK. The electrical, telecoms and control systems contract was awarded to Kongsberg by ZPMC.
"This is a milestone contract for Kongsberg Maritime Engineering, and one of the most extensive 'full picture' contracts that Kongsberg Maritime has secured to date," Kongsberg Maritime President Geir Håøy said in a statement.
"Our approach of acting as a single supplier for all aspects of maritime vessel technology combined with being close to the customer in all major shipbuilding regions positions us as a natural partner for large integrated projects and we are proud to have been chosen to play such an important part in the development of Petrofac UK's new unit."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)