Kan Tan IV Continues Work at PEP 51906 in Taranaki Basin
Octanex N.L., an Australia-based exploration company, disclosed Tuesday that it has been advised by OMV New Zealand Limited, the Operator of the Matuku-1 exploration well that has been drilled in the offshore Taranaki Basin permit PEP 51906, that at 06:00 hours (NZST) Tuesday, Jan. 21, the well was at its total depth (TD) of 14,130 feet (4,307 meters) MDRT (measured depth below rotary table) and carrying out wireline logging operations.
Since the last progress report Jan. 16, the 8.5 inch section has been drilled from 14,130 feet (4,307 meters) MDRT to TD. On-going operations are to complete the wireline logging and then plug and abandon the well as planned.
Matuku-1 is a vertical well that is being drilled by the Kan Tan IV (mid-water semisub) in water depths of 426 feet (130 meters). The company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Octanex NZ Limited, holds a 22.5 percent participating interest in the PEP 51906 permit and this interest is being free carried by OMV through the drilling of Matuku-1 well.
The participants in the PEP 51906 permit and its Joint Venture are:
- OMV New Zealand Limited - 65 percent
- Octanex NZ Limited - 22.5 percent
- Australia and New Zealand Petroleum Limited (subsidiary of New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd) - 12.5 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Octanex more info
- Ophir Production Cuts First Steel for Ophir Project WHP in Malaysia (Mar 08)
- Muhibbah Says Malaysia's Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Deal is Worth $21.7M-$23.4M (Nov 30)
- OPSB Awards Malaysia's Offshore Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Contract to Muhibbah (Nov 27)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)