NSSE Clinches EPCIC Contract for Nong Yao Oil Project in Gulf of Thailand
KrisEnergy Ltd. (KrisEnergy or the Company), an independent upstream oil and gas company, announced Tuesday the award of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC) contract for the production and processing facilities for the Nong Yao oil development in block G11/48 in the Gulf of Thailand.
The EPCIC contract was awarded to Nippon Steel and Sumikin Engineering Co. Ltd. (NSSE) by the operator of G11/48, Mubadala Petroleum. The development concept for the initial phase of the Nong Yao field comprises 23 wells, a wellhead processing platform and a minimum facility wellhead platform with the export of crude oil via a floating storage and offloading vessel. The production capacity will be up to 15,000 barrels of oil per day and 30,000 barrels of fluids per day. First oil is anticipated in the first half of 2015.
Chris Gibson-Robinson, KrisEnergy’s director of Exploration & Production, said: “We declared final investment decision in August last year and preliminary fabrication work commenced in November. We are pleased to be making headway on the Nong Yao development, one of six development projects in our current portfolio.”
KrisEnergy holds a 25 percent working interest in G11/48 and Mubadala Petroleum has the remaining 75 percent. G11/48 covers 4,220 square miles (6,791 square kilometers) over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin and the northwest margin of the Malay Basin in water depths of up to 246 feet (75 meters).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NSSE Clinches EPCIC Contract for Nong Yao Oil Project in Gulf of Thailand (Jan 15)
- Total Indonesia to Deliver LNG to Japanese Consortium (Feb 17)
- Santos Joins Papua New Guinea LNG Study (Apr 11)
Company: Mubadala Development more info
- Mubadala To Hold Abu Dhabi's 2% Stake In BP (Dec 19)
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Abu Dhabi Plans Merger Of Sovereign Funds Mubadala And IPIC (Jun 29)
Company: KrisEnergy Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- Singapore's KrisEnergy Warns Debt Covenants May Come Under Stress (Aug 15)