PTTEP, Pertamina Fail to Complete Acquisition of Pangkar Project
Thailand's PTT Exploration & Production Plc. provided Monday an update on the company's announcement dated Dec. 2, 2013, regarding the acquisition of Hess Corporation’s interests in Indonesian oil & gas producing assets.
PTTEP would like to report on the progress of the acquisition. In December 2013, PTTEP and Pertamina, on a 50:50 basis, completed the transaction to acquire 23 percent participation interest of Natuna Sea A Project, for the equity interests in certain holding entities at $526 million and certain inter-company debts at $124 million. As a result, PTTEP effectively holds 11.5 percent participation interest in Natuna Sea A Project.
Regarding Pangkah Project, the existing joint venture partner exercised its pre-emption rights which was one of the closing conditions prescribed in the Share Purchase Agreements (SPAs) and completed the transaction to acquire the interest for sale in Pangkah Project from Hess Corporation.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Indonesia Confirms Pertamina CEO As State Firm Pressed To Curb Imports (Aug 29)
- Pertamina Discontinues LNG Terminal Project, Seen As Unfeasible (Jul 09)
- Bangladesh Signs Deal With Indonesia For LNG Imports (Jan 29)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
- Hess Market Cap Plunges $1.5B (Dec 24)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
- Thailand's PTTEP 1Q Profits Rise, Prepares For Gas Auctions (Apr 26)
- Thailand's PTTEP Seeks To Boost Reserves, Output In SE Asia (Mar 21)
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)