Kan Tan IV Finds No Major Gas, Oil Shows at Matuku-1 in PEP 51906
New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd. revealed Tuesday since the weekly progress report was issued Monday, the Matuku-1 well in petroleum exploration permit (PEP) 51906 offshore Taranaki, New Zealand has drilled into the Kapuni Group Farewell Sands at 12,910 feet (3,935 meters).
The F Sands were found to be porous, but there were no significant gas or oil shows.
The well is continuing to drill ahead to a total depth of 15,597 feet (4,754 meters). Drilling will be followed by wireline logging.
The Kan Tan IV (mid-water semisub) began drilling operations on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013. Matuku-1 is in 426 feet (130 meters) of water.
Participants in PEP 51906 are OMV New Zealand (Operator) 65 percent; Octanex 22.5 percent; and New Zealand Oil & Gas 12.5 percent. If Matuku-1 is successful, either New Zealand Oil & Gas or Octanex may exercise an option for New Zealand Oil & Gas to acquire a further 5 percent of Octanex’s share, which would equalize each company’s interest at 17.5 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
- Austria's OMV to Invest in UAE Offshore Oilfields in $1.5B Deal with ADNOC (Apr 05)
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
Company: Octanex more info
- Ophir Production Cuts First Steel for Ophir Project WHP in Malaysia (Mar 08)
- Muhibbah Says Malaysia's Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Deal is Worth $21.7M-$23.4M (Nov 30)
- OPSB Awards Malaysia's Offshore Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Contract to Muhibbah (Nov 27)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)