JGC-Fluor JV Bags EPC Contract for Kitimat LNG Plant
JGC Corporation announced Tuesday that a contract has been awarded by Chevron Canada Limited (Chevron) to a joint venture of JGC and Fluor Corporation to provide engineering, procurement and construction services for the proposed Kitimat LNG (liquefied natural gas) plant to be built in Bish Cove, British Columbia, Canada. Chevron and Apache Canada Limited (Apache) each hold a 50 percent interest in the proposed plant, which will have an annual capacity of 11 million tons per year (2 liquefaction trains of 5.5 million tons).
JGC and Fluor established a joint venture to execute the project, leveraging JGC's extensive experience of LNG projects worldwide as well as Fluor's expertise from its outstanding track record of mega-sized projects in North America. JGC will be responsible for the liquefaction process facilities as the core of the LNG plant, with Fluor principally responsible for utilities and offsite facilities.
On the Pacific coast of British Columbia, Kitimat LNG is the most mature of the proposed LNG projects in Western Canada.
JGC has been involved in LNG projects accounting for 30 percent of LNG production globally and is now executing several LNG projects in various parts of the world. As a leading contractor for LNG plants, JGC will continue to actively pursue the development of business activities aimed at contributing to LNG projects which will be realized in the future.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Fluor Corporation more info
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)
Company: JGC more info
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- JGC Clinches $240M EPC Contract to Build Gas Processing Plant in Aceh (Apr 01)
- PETRONAS FLNG2 Reaches Milestone with Keel Laying at SHI's Shipyard (Nov 09)