First Oil Flows from Kapal, Banang, Merantai Cluster off Peninsula Malaysia
Malaysia's state-owned Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) announced Monday the first oil production from the Kapal, Banang & Meranti (KBM) Cluster fields, offshore Peninsular Malaysia, which commenced Dec. 16, 2013.
The KBM Cluster, operated by Coastal Energy KBM Sdn Bhd, has been developed with JV (joint venture) partner Petra Energy under a Risk Service Contract (RSC) since June 2012. This is the third RSC that has successfully achieved oil production, after the Balai Cluster and Berantai Fields.
The KBM Cluster is an eight-year development project with Kapal being in its first development and production phase. The Kapal field facilities consist of one mobile offshore production unit (MOPU), one storage tanker with approximately 600,000 barrels capacity, one drilling rig with an attached well bay module and two flexible flow lines.
Through this mobile offshore production concept, Petronas plans to continue determining the potential production from the three KBM fields. The initial production rates from the cluster were over 10,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd), with peak production reaching 13,000 bopd.
To date, Petronas has awarded 10 fields in four clusters under the RSC arrangement. Four fields have commenced production with a total of over 30,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Coastal Energy Co. more info
- First Oil Flows from Banang Field in KBM Cluster Off Peninsular Malaysia (Sep 05)
- Coastal Energy Completes Merger With Cepsa's Unit (Jan 20)
- First Oil Flows from Kapal, Banang, Merantai Cluster off Peninsula Malaysia (Jan 13)