KrisEnergy Reports Disappointing Results for Cua Lo-1 Well off Vietnam
Singapore-listed KrisEnergy Ltd. (KrisEnergy or the Company), an independent upstream oil and gas company, revealed Thursday the completion of the drilling and testing of the Cua Lo-1 exploration well in Block 105-110/04 (Block 105) off Vietnam.
The Cua Lo-1 well was drilled to a measured depth of 9,406 feet (2,867 meters), or 9,307 feet (2,837 meters) total vertical depth subsea. Based on log interpretation, several gas bearing sandstone reservoirs were identified. A drill stem test was conducted on a reservoir evaluated with the largest potential within the prospect. Although gas flowed during the test, the poor reservoir deliverability rate combined with high carbon dioxide content suggests that development of the tested reservoir will be unlikely. The well will be plugged and abandoned.
The Cua Lo-1 well confirms both the trapping mechanism and the existence of a petroleum system in Block 105 and provides valuable data for deciding the future exploration strategy in the block. Additional oil and gas prospectivity exists within the block, providing opportunities for further exploration.
Block 105 covers an area of 2,776 square miles (7,192 square kilometers) offshore northern Vietnam, overlying the central Song Hong Basin where water depths range from 65 feet (20 meters) to 262 feet (80 meters). The water depth at the Cua Lo-1 location is 249 feet (76 meters).
KrisEnergy holds a 25 percent working interest in Block 105 and is partnered by Eni Vietnam B.V. as the operator with 50 percent working interest and Neon Energy (Song Hong) Pty Ltd with 25 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: KrisEnergy Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- Singapore's KrisEnergy Warns Debt Covenants May Come Under Stress (Aug 15)
Company: Neon Energy Limited more info
- Rampart to Acquire Neon Energy's 80% Interest in Permit WA-503-P Off WA (Mar 30)
- Government Approves Change in Equity Stakes in Blocks 105, 120 Off Vietnam (Feb 16)
- Neon Energy Reimburses MEO Australia After Terminating Merger Proposal (Dec 24)