Fishing Operations Underway at Mananda 7 ST1 Well in PPL 219 in PNG
Papua New Guinea-focused oil and gas exploration firm Oil Search Limited reported Thursday that as at 06:00 hours (Papua New Guinea (PNG) time Jan. 9, the Mananda 7 ST1 pilot well in Petroleum Prospecting License (PPL) 219 in PNG was at a depth of 7,824 feet (2,385 meters) in a 12.25 inch hole and undertaking fishing operations after the drill string became stuck. Progress for the week was 1,522 feet (464 meters).
The forward program is to free the drill string before drilling ahead. If unsuccessful, the well will be sidetracked.
Mananda 7 is located in PPL 219 and is targeting the Toro and Digimu sandstones.
The participants in Mananda 7 are:
- Oil Search (PNG) Limited - 71.25 percent
- Nippon Oil Exploration (Niugini) Limited - 20.00 percent
- Merlin Petroleum Company - 8.75 percent
- Total - 100 percent
Oil Search reports that at 06:00 hours KRI time Jan. 8, the Taza 2 well in the Taza Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) was at a depth of 1,571 feet (479 meters) and running into the hole prior to drilling ahead in a 24 inch hole. Progress for the week was 918 feet (280 meters).
Taza 2 is located 6 miles (10 kilometres) north-west of Taza 1 and will appraise the hydrocarbon-bearing intervals discovered by Taza 1 (Dhiban/Jeribe and Euphrates/Kirkuk Formations), as well as explore deeper Tertiary and Cretaceous targets including the Shiranish Formation.
The participants in Taza 2 are:
- Oil Search (Iraq) Limited* - 60 percent
- Total E&P Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Taza) B.V. - 20 percent
- Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) - 20 percent
- Total - 100 percent
* Oil Search’s funding interest is 75 percent, with the KRG’s 20 percent interest carried by Oil Search and Total E&P Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Taza) B.V.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)