Dockwise Bags $275M Module Transport Services Deal for Wheatsone Project
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. (Boskalis) announced Tuesday that Dockwise, a wholly owned subsidiary, has been awarded a contract by Bechtel Corporation for Module Transport Services, for the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project off Western Australia. The contract value is estimated at approximately $275 million, making it the largest contract ever for Dockwise and work will commence in early 2014.
The scope of work includes logistical management and transportation of over 100 modules from the Wheatstone Project module yards in China and Malaysia to the Wheatstone Project site located at Ashburton North, 7.4 miles (12 kilometers) west of Onslow in Western Australia.
To complete its scope Boskalis will use its full breadth of heavy marine transport assets including an expected total of six Dockwise Heavy Marine Transport Vessels (HTVs) ranging in size from T-Class to Type IV open stern vessels, barges, Floating Super Pallets (FSP), two new SMIT Giant barges and Anchor Handling Tugs (AHTs).
The HTVs will provide on-deck stowage for modules, as well as piggy back capacity for barges/FSPs also carrying modules, whilst the SMIT Giant barge – AHT combination will be used as a towage solution. By combining the comparative advantage of each transport solution and using the broad expertise across the group, a total logistical management and transportation package has been put together.
About the Wheatstone Project:
The Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project is one of Australia’s largest resource projects. Located at Ashburton North, 7.4 miles (12 kilometers) west of Onslow in Western Australia, the project will consist of two liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tons per annum and a domestic gas plant. The Wheatstone Project is a joint venture between Australian subsidiaries of Chevron, Apache Corporation, Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC), Shell and Kyushu Electric Power Company (Kyushu) together with PE Wheatstone Pty Ltd (part owned by TEPCO).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)
Company: Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. more info
- Royal Boskalis Awarded Johan Sverdrup Services Contract (Apr 01)
- Boskalis Takes Delivery of White Marlin Semisub Heavy Transport Vessel (Feb 12)
- Dockwise Bags $275M Module Transport Services Deal for Wheatsone Project (Dec 26)