MMA Bags Deal to Supply PSV to Support Deepwater Millennium off Australia
Australia's marine services provider Mermaid Marine Australia Limited (MMA or Company) announced Tuesday that MMA has been awarded a contract by Woodside Petroleum Limited to support the extensive drilling campaign to be undertaken by Deepwater Millennium (UDW drillship), off the coast of Australia.
The charter is in respect of MMA’s newest Platform Supply Vessel (PSV), the Mermaid Leeuwin.
The Mermaid Leeuwin is a 269 foot (82 meter) STX 05 CD design DP2 (dynamic positioning 2), clean and comfort class, diesel electric PSV, delivered to MMA from the ASL Shipyard in Singapore Dec. 18.
The contract is for a firm period of 18 months plus options.
MMA Managing Director, Jeff Weber, said: “We are very pleased to continue our working relationship with Woodside in the North West Shelf. The addition of the Leeuwin to MMA’s fleet further strengthens the Company’s ability to support its clients in drilling, construction and production support and highlights MMA’s commitment to maintaining a state of the art, diversified fleet”.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Mermaid Marine Australia Limited more info
- MUA Withdraws Notice to Strike at Mermaid Dampier Supply Base in WA (Jul 31)
- MMA Completes $495M Acquisition of Singapore's Jaya Holdings (Jun 05)
- Vard Bags Deals to Design, Build 2 PSVs for Mermaid Marine Australia (Mar 17)