Green Dragon Signs MOU with PetroChina over CBM Blocks
China-focused coal-bed methane specialist Green Dragon Gas reported Thursday that it has entered into a memorandum of understanding with PetroChina regarding the company's interests in the Chengzhaung block – part of the Shizhuang South Production Sharing Contract.
The MOU requires PetroChina to provide information for Green Dragon to complete an audit that will enable it to conclude and accept the capital expenditure needed to develop the block, as well as gas production, gas sales and related revenues. Commercial gas sales from the block began in March 2010.
The two companies have agreed to conclude the audits and the related definitive agreements on payments during the first quarter of 2014. PetroChina will continue to be the operator of the Chengzhaung block while Green Dragon will continue to operate the Shizhuang South block.
Green Dragon Chairman Randeep Grewal commented in a company statement:
"We are pleased to be in continued cooperation with PetroChina and look forward to partnering with them as they operate the GCZ block. Following the upcoming audit, we will be able to confirm the amount of expected receivable from prior year gas sales as well as the related capital spent for the block’s development.
"We now look forward to progressing this MOU to a successful conclusion for our shareholders early in 2014."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sources: PetroChina To Take On Global Rivals In Major Expansion Drive (Dec 18)
- Media: Three Dead After Suspected Gas Leak At PetroChina Refinery (Nov 20)
- PetroChina, Beijing Firm Doubling LNG Storage in Caofeidian as Demand Rises (Nov 06)
Company: Green Dragon Gas Ltd. more info
- China Raises Cash Subsidy for CBM Produced Locally by 50% (Mar 16)
- Europe, China Set to See Stark Increase in Natural Gas Production (Feb 24)
- Green Dragon Gas Exceeds 2015 Production Target from China's CBM Assets (Jan 05)