Newbuild COSLHunter Heads to Gulf of Mexico for Pemex's Assignment
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL or the Group), an integrated oilfield services provider in offshore China, announced Monday that the company had taken delivery of a recently acquired jackup COSLHunter (375' ILC) following the completion of construction and the jackup has set sail for the Gulf of Mexico to perform operations there.
COSLHunter, acquired in August 2013, is capable of operating at water depths of 375 feet and perform drilling operations at depths of up to a maximum of 30,000 feet, with maximum persons count on board for 124 crew members and a variable load of 3,500 tons. It sets sail to Gulf of Mexico perform an operation contract for Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) for a period of five and a half years, starting within the first quarter of 2014. At the moment, the Group operates and manages 2 jackups - COSLConfidence (375' ILC) and HYSY936 (300' ILC) - and 4 module rigs in Gulf of Mexico.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)