ENSCO 104 Continues Work at Blackwood-2 Well in Permit NT/P68
MEO Australia Limited disclosed that at 06:00 Darwin time Friday Dec. 6, the jackup Ensco 104 (400' ILC) was preparing to commence the wireline logging program having drilled the Blackwood-2 well in Permit NT/P68 offshore Australia's Northern Territory to total depth at 11,236 feet (3,425 meters) measured depth below rotary table (MDRT).
Operational progress since the previous report is summarized in the table below.
Progress since last report:
- Drilled 8.5 inch (216 millimeters) hole from 10,334 feet (3,150 meters) MDRT to 10,538 feet (3,226 meters) MDRT
- Cut core from 10,538 feet (3,226 meters) to 10,771 feet (3,283 meters) MDRT (recovered 196 feet or 60 meters)
- Drilled 8.5 inch (216 millimeters) hole from 10,771 feet (3,283 meters) MDRT to 11,236 feet (3,425 meters) MDRT (Total Depth)
- Prepared to commence wireline logging program
Present Operation (at 06:00 Darwin time, Dec. 6):
- Preparing to conduct wireline logging program
- Production test (if warranted)
- Plug and abandon well
The Blackwood-2 appraisal well is located approximately 4.9 miles (8 kilometers) from the Blackwood-1 discovery well. Further information regarding the NT/P68 Exploration Permit is available on the MEO website.
The drilling of Blackwood-2 is an obligation under the NT/P68 Farm-in Agreement (FIA) dated May 17, 2011 between Eni Australia Limited (Eni) and MEO. Under the FIA and subsequent amendment, MEO’s 50 percent participating interest share of the costs of the well will be carried.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- BP Squeezed Out of Abu Dhabi Offshore Oil as China, Italy Win (Mar 22)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)