Wood Group Mustang Secures FEED for Hess' Stampede TLP
Wood Group Mustang has been awarded the contract to provide front-end engineering design (FEED) services for Hess Corporation's Stampede tension leg platform (TLP) to be located in 3,500 feet of water in the Gulf of Mexico, Green Canyon block. The TLP, with dry topsides weight of 11,500 tons, is being designed to produce 80,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd), 60,000 barrels of water per day and 120 million square cubic feet of gas per day at capacity.
Wood Group Mustang previously provided FEED and detailed design for Hess' Okume production facilities, located offshore Equatorial Guinea, which consisted of four fixed platform facilities with connecting bridges, two TLPs and associated pipelines.
"The combination of our resume of deepwater Gulf of Mexico topsides facilities and our longstanding relationship with Hess positions us well to deliver FEED services for this production facility. We are pleased to extend our project work for Hess from Equatorial Guinea to the U.S. Gulf of Mexico," said Bob Lindsay, president of the Offshore Business Unit.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)