Rosneft, Foreign-Led Firms Boost Russian Oil Output to Post-Soviet Record
MOSCOW, Dec 2 (Reuters) – Increased production at Rosneft and foreign-led projects sent overall Russian oil output, the world's largest, to a new post-Soviet record-high of 10.61 million barrels per day in November, Energy Ministry data showed on Monday.
In tonnes, crude production was 43.44 million.
Russian companies have been increasing their oil production to exploit high global crude prices and thanks to government measures, including tax breaks for crude oil extraction at remote and challenging provinces.
In October, Russia's oil production stood at 10.59 million bpd.
November's production was more than the 9.7 million bpd pumped by the world's top oil exporter, Saudi Arabia, when combined crude output at the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries dropped to its lowest since May 2011.
The data showed that the world's top listed oil producer Rosneft increased oil production by 0.5 percent to 3.89 million bpd.
Oil output under production sharing agreements (PSA), designed in the 1990s to encourage investment by foreign oil companies, jumped by 11 percent in November to almost 1.3 million tonnes (317,000 bpd).
PSA projects include Sakhalin-1, which involves Rosneft, ExxonMobil, ONGC and Sodeco; Sakhalin-2 involving Gazprom, Shell, Mitsui, and Mitsubishi; and Kharyaga with Total, Statoil and Zarubezhneft.
The ministry did not provide a breakdown by project.
Sales from Russian oil and gas account for over a half of the state budget revenues and the state considers the sectors as "strategic" for its economy.
Natural gas production declined by 4 percent to 1.93 billion cubic metres a day in November, the data showed.
Gazprom's output fell by 8 percent to 1.37 bcm per day, while gas production at Novatek, Russia's top non-state gas company, stayed broadly flat, at almost 0.15 bcm per day.
The data shows only Novatek's core production units' output.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 40 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Mitsubishi more info
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: Zarubezhneft more info
- PETRONAS Denies Plans to Sell Upstream Assets to Russian Party (May 25)
- Total to Transfer 20% Interest and Operatorship of Kharyaga PSA (Jan 21)
- Russia Oil Output at Post-Soviet High on Foreign Projects, Rosneft (Oct 02)
Company: SODECO more info
- Rosneft, Foreign-Led Firms Boost Russian Oil Output to Post-Soviet Record (Dec 02)
- Sakhalin-1's Odoptu Field to Produce in Late 2010 (Jan 20)
- Russian Sakhalin-1 Project Earns Excellence in Project Integration Award (Dec 03)
Company: Novatek more info
- Report: US May Get First LNG Import From Russia Despite Sanctions (Jan 09)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)