Report: Petrovietnam, India's ONGC Videsh Sign Oil Exploration Pact
HANOI, Nov 21 (Reuters) - State oil group Petrovietnam and the overseas unit of Indian state explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp have signed a memorandum on joint exploration of crude oil, the Vietnam News Agency reported on Thursday.
The exploration pact between Petrovietnam and ONGC Videsh Ltd would allow activities in Vietnam, India as well as in a third country.
Vietnam's Industry and Trade Ministry also signed a memorandum with Tata Power Company Ltd on the construction of a $1.8 billion thermal power plant in Vietnam's southern province of Soc Trang, the agency said.
The pacts were signed on Wednesday during a visit to India by Vietnam's Communist Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, the report said.
(Reporting by Ho Binh Minh; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)