Kentz Wins Qatari Wellhead Control Systems Contract
Engineering and construction group Kentz Corporation reported Wednesday that it has been awarded a major wellhead industrial control systems contract by Qatar Petroleum.
The $190-million contract is for the engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning for wellhead industrial control systems for approximately 775 wells across the Dukhan oilfield, Qatar. It will run for three years through to 2016 and will be executed by Kentz's Engineering, Procurement and Construction business unit.
The firm estimated that the peak workforce it will deploy to the contract will consist of 800 personnel.
Tush Doshi, Kentz's COO for its EPC Business Unit, commented in a company statement:
"Kentz was awarded its first project with Qatar Petroleum in 1997 and since then has continued to execute numerous EPC projects, engineering and enhancing QP's assets. We take great pride in this significant award. The past year has seen a huge progression in our engineering offering as we implement our '2013 & Beyond' strategy and we are confident of continued strong bidding in EPC."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Qatar Petroleum Renews Shared Oilfield Concession Agreement with UAE (Mar 13)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
Company: Kentz Corporation Limited more info
- UKJV Confirms Commercial Settlement of Ichthys SMP Project Up to May 31 (Aug 30)
- Civmec Clinches Contracts for Ichthys, Gorgon Projects in Australia (Oct 06)
- Canada's SNC-Lavalin To Buy UK's Kentz For $2B (Jun 23)