Inpex Reports Gas Release Occurred at Development Well in Tunu Field
Inpex Corporation reported Friday that a shallow gas release occurred at a development well on the Tunu field lying in offshore Mahakam Block in East Kalimantan, Indonesia Nov 8.
According to the project operator Total E&P Indonesie (Total), Nov. 8 a shallow gas release occurred on well TN-C414, operated by Total and being drilled using Raissa rig on the Tunu field in Anggana Sub-District, Kutai Kartanegara District, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia. The gas being released is coming from “Shallow gas” consisting of natural gas pocket contained in a geological formation located very close to the surface with no evidence of liquids.
There are no injury reported and all onboard personnel were safely evacuated from the rig to neighboring accommodation facilities. The shallow gas release incident is at present being closely monitored and there is no fire declared. The area is fully secured by observation vessels. At this stage, based on an aerial survey, there is no evidence of oil spill around the area.
Total is currently deploying all necessary resources to mitigate this incident which was reported to the relevant authorities.
At this stage, there is no major impact of the incident on the gas production of Mahakam Block.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration (Feb 28)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Japan's Inpex Sticks To End-March Start-Up Target For Ichthys LNG Project (Mar 09)
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)