Rosneft, Partners Plan to Develop Engineering Cluster in Russian Far East
Rosneft, Gazprombank, Sovcomflot and Korean shipbuilding company Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. (DSME) signed a deal Wednesday to establish an engineering and shipbuilding cluster in the southern part of Primorskiy Krai in the Russian Far East.
The deal includes the construction and launch of a new shipyard, Zvezda, in 2016 to establish a Russian-Korean engineering center for shipbuilding and marine equipment for offshore projects. The companies also agreed key terms for technology exchange, localization of production and the placing of contracts.
The deal was signed in the presence of Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, and Park Geun-hye, President of the Republic of Korea, as part of the official visit of the Russian President to the Republic of Korea.
Commenting on the deal, Rosneft President Igor Sechin said:
"Rosneft has a large-scale program to develop offshore projects in Russia in challenging conditions in the northern and Far East seas. The company assumed obligations to localize in Russia shipbuilding and marine equipment production necessary for offshore projects implementation and is already working actively in this direction.
"Following the decision of the Russian President Vladimir Putin, Rosneft together with its partners Gazprombank and Sovcomflot is implementing a project to develop shipbuilding and industrial cluster at the Zvezda shipyard, that will have considerable multiplying effect on all related industries.
"We are glad the project will be implemented with the support of such an experienced technological partner as DSME, which owns cutting-edge technologies, as well as globally recognized reputation for shipbuilding, engineering and production of marine equipment for offshore projects. We are convinced the cluster will become a center for high-tech arctic shipbuilding in Russia."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Says Is Drilling In Black Sea Project While Monitoring US Sanctions (Jan 24)
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Sovcomflot more info
- Arctech Starts Construction of Sakhalin Icebreaking Vessel (Nov 26)
- Report: Russia's Yamal LNG Chooses Gas Carriers (Apr 23)
- Rosneft, Partners Plan to Develop Engineering Cluster in Russian Far East (Nov 13)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)