Neon Energy Updates on Drilling at Cua Lo-1, Ca Ngu-1 Wells off Vietnam
Since the last update regarding Cua Lo-1 Oct. 22, drilling has reached the 9.625 inch casing point at a depth of 8,231 feet (2,509 meters), having redrilled the upper three reservoir objectives in the sidetracked hole. Wireline logging has been completed and casing has been set, ready for the Operator to drill onwards to the lower two objectives and final proposed total depth (TD) of 9,271 feet (2,826 meters). All three reservoir objectives intersected in the sidetracked well exhibit good gas shows and comparable reservoir characteristics to those encountered in the original hole.
Based on analysis of the data received to date, Neon Energy remains encouraged by results and considers that production testing is warranted. Further details will be released once the well is at TD and wireline logging operations have been completed.
At the time of writing both the jackup Ensco 107 (400' ILC) and Songa Mercur (mid-water semisub) are anticipated to shortly resume operations, having been evacuated due to Typhoon Haiyan. Ca Ngu-1 operations have been affected by additional delays due to greater than anticipated sub-surface currents at the rig location, and the Joint Venture is reviewing what steps may be taken to resolve this situation.
The Company expects that the weather delays will add to the previously reported cost estimates for both wells. Neon is working closely with Operator Eni S.p.A. to quantify updated cost estimates on the basis of revised operational schedules, and will inform the market as soon as possible.
The respective working interests of the joint venture parties in the Block 105 and Block 120 Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) are as follows:
- Neon Energy (Song Hong) Pty Ltd: 25 percent
- Eni Vietnam B.V. (Operator): 50 percent
- KrisEnergy (Song Hong 105) Ltd: 25 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: KrisEnergy Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- Singapore's KrisEnergy Warns Debt Covenants May Come Under Stress (Aug 15)
Company: Neon Energy Limited more info
- Rampart to Acquire Neon Energy's 80% Interest in Permit WA-503-P Off WA (Mar 30)
- Government Approves Change in Equity Stakes in Blocks 105, 120 Off Vietnam (Feb 16)
- Neon Energy Reimburses MEO Australia After Terminating Merger Proposal (Dec 24)