Oil & Gas UK Awards Winners Announced
Oil & Gas UK announced Friday the winners of its annual awards event. The trade body announced awards for AMEC, Apache, Bilfinger Salamis UK, BG Group and Chevron North Sea.
The Award for People Development went to engineering consultant AMEC, for the development of AMEC Career Paths – described by Oil & Gas UK as "an exceptional tool for its people" – and for AMEC's beneficial work with local primary schools.
Apache Corporation and Newcastle, UK-based firm OGN won Oil & Gas UK's Award for Business Efficiency. The organization praised the companies for the installation of the Forties Alpha Platform, which was completed with platform costs 20 percent lower and project duration six months shorter than the industry norm.
The Award for Mentoring went to Archie Crawford, a non-destructive testing specialist at Bilfinger Salamis UK, for work mentoring ex-Ministry of Defence staff, and other personnel, that has benefited the both his organization and the industry.
Young Technician of the Year went to James Gladden of BG Group. Gladden impressed judges with his work for BG Group and his leadership abilities, which were noted as being "of a high standard for someone so young".
The Oil & Gas Award for Overall Excellence 2013 went to Kenny Baxter, who is Operations Representative – Mechanical for Chevron North Sea Limited. The organization said Baxter’s commitment to learning and his ability to get the job done – demonstrated by his work on the Rosebank field – made him a deserved winner. The judges echoed the views of Chevron’s management in their praise for "his flair and ingenuity across multiple projects".
Commenting on the awards, Oil & Gas UK Chief Executive Malcolm Webb said:
"Once again the Oil & Gas UK Awards have shone the spotlight on the talent, dedication and achievements of people and companies which we are exceptionally privileged to work alongside. They are superb examples of what makes this industry great."
The awards were sponsored by Shell UK.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Mulling Participation in Brazil's March Oil Auction (Feb 06)
- Chevron Sells First Condensate Cargo From Australia's Wheatstone LNG (Feb 05)
- ExxonMobil, Chevron Disappoint by Missing Out on Industry Rebound (Feb 02)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)
Company: Oil & Gas UK more info
- Shell Submits Brent Decom Plans, Launches Public Consultation (Feb 08)
- UK Operators Moving to Simplify Legal, Commercial Offshore Practices (Dec 13)
- Survey: Collaboration is Crucial for Future Success in North Sea (Dec 05)