Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks
ABIDJAN, Nov 6 (Reuters) - France's Total with partners Anadarko and Canada's CNR will spend up to $300 million to drill exploration wells on three offshore blocks in Ivory Coast in 2014, the head of Total's local unit said on Wednesday.
Oil and gas exploration in West Africa's Gulf of Guinea has risen sharply since Ghana discovered its giant Jubilee field in 2007 and brought it to production in record time in late 2010.
Total said in April it had discovered oil on its CI-100 block in Ivory Coast's eastern waters adjacent to the maritime boundary with Ghana.
Nicolas Payer, managing director of Total Cote d'Ivoire , said the new exploration wells would be drilled on its blocks near Ivory Coast's western border.
"2014 will be a phase of intensified exploration in Ivory Coast," he told Reuters on the sidelines of a gas conference in the commercial capital Abidjan.
"We plan three wells on blocks 514, 515 and 516 in proximity to (the town of) Sassandra. We foresee spending between $200 and $300 million...It will be financed by the consortium," he said.
All three concessions are ultra-deepwater blocks.
Total owns a 54 percent interest in CI-514, with Canadian Natural Resources International at 36 percent and Ivorian state oil company Petroci controlling the remaining 10 percent.
Total and Anadarko each control 45 percent of the other two blocks with Petroci controlling 10 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)